We are pleased to announce that we have been paid a visit by Caity from Moi Contre La Vie, one of the Bay Area’s most popular fashion and lifestyle bloggers. She wrote about her experience and was also kind enough to answer all of our questions.
If you’re not familiar with Caity and her fantastic blog, check out our 10 questions to learn more about her, and visit MCLV and get her latest take on fashion, food, fitness and more! Also, we are offering a coupon for 50% off a single session of any of our services exclusively on her blog, so head on over there to take advantage.
Here are Caity’s answers to our 10 Questions:
- What is your name? Caity Shreve
- Where are you from originally? I grew up in Sacramento, but after being in the Bay Area for over a decade, San Francisco is home now.
- What do you do when you’re not blogging? I work full time for a San Francisco-based hedge fund and do freelance writing, editorial & personal styling, and run a website on the side.
- How did you decide to start blogging? I’ve loved writing since I was a child and when a friend recommended a blog as a way to share my thoughts, recipes, fashion inspiration, and more, I jumped on the idea. It’s been an incredible journey!
- What is your favorite thing about it? The people! I’ve gotten a chance to meet some unbelievable people along the way, from magazine editors, models, and designers, to CEOs, PR geniuses, and graphic design wizards. And, best of all, some amazing bloggers who inspire and motivate me on a daily basis.
- What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not working or blogging? I’m very active so I try to catch Pilates, yoga, or TRX classes a few times a week, and you can find me hiking or trail running on weekends.
- If you could have lunch or dinner with any famous person past or present, who would it be and why? Artemisia Gentileschi. I studied Art History when I lived in Rome and was fascinated by the story of her life – She excelled in a male-dominated arena (Renaissance & Baroque art) in a male-dominated period of history (late 1500’s-early 1600’s). I would love to hear her perspective of the time period, her art, and her contemporaries.
- You are about to be stranded on a desert island. What one item do you take with you and why? Sunscreen. Have you seen me? I’m so pale.
- Who do you admire most? Strong, independent women who have followed their passions and created a place for themselves in this world.
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you. I was going to go straight from undergrad at Berkeley to a PhD program to study Ancient History, but my detour turned into a career!
- If you were a superheroine, what would be your superpower? I grew up reading comic books and always loved Shadowcat, so I’d have to pick intangibility.
- If you could do or be anything you wanted, what would you choose? A writer! I’ve always loved writing and been intrigued by the famous authors and poets of history.
Thanks for the great answers, Caity- and for paying us a visit. We hope to see you and your readers at Venus sometime soon!