We are introducing a new feature here on the Venus Bodywork blog called “10 Questions With …” We ask our staff members to tell 10 facts about themselves so you can get to know each of them a little better.
This month, we are welcoming new team member Sophia Pantazes. Here are Sophia’s answers to her 10 questions – she actually answered 12 because she is just that awesome, and we have included them all:
- What is your name and what is your role at Venus Bodywork? My name is Sophia Pantazes and I am an esthetician.
- Where are you from originally? I am a San Francisco native!
- What services do you provide at Venus Bodywork? I do facials, waxing, body treatments, basically any and all of the services we provide at Venus.
- How long have you worked at Venus? How long have you worked in the beauty industry and what is your background? I have been with Venus for about a month now, and prior to that I worked in the spa at the Hilton, Ooh La La salon and spa, and I also had my own business. I’ve been licensed for 6 years and I’m a CIDESCO graduate. (Edited to add that CIDESCO stands for Comité International d’Esthétique et de Cosmétologie – an international accreditation.)
- What made you decide to become an esthetician? I decided to become an esthetician because of my love of beauty and my passion for helping people look and feel their best.
- What is your favorite thing about your job? My favorite thing is how many great people I get to meet on a daily basis, and helping people feel good about themselves.
- What is your favorite thing to do when you are not working? Arts and crafts – I am crafty and I like making things.
- If you could have lunch or dinner with any famous person past or present, who would it be and why? Robin Williams. I never realized how much he felt like a part of my family until he passed. I feel like I knew him – he was such a part of my childhood, I’d love to get to share a real laugh between just the two of us.
- You are about to be stranded on a desert island. What one item do you take with you and why? Ha! It’s a mystery!
- Who do you admire most? My mom.
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you? I used to be really grouchy all the time!
- What is your strangest talent? My ability to mold to many personalities. I get along with everyone!
Sophia is available to assist you with body shaping, facials and waxing so give us a call at 415.463.1500 to book an appointment with her!